Friday, August 28, 2009

1st Day of School

School started on Monday. The girls were all ready and excited to go back and see all their friends. Sophie is now a big kindergartner and mommy is home all alone (token sad face followed by a big smile) . Here are a few pictures of the big day.

Gotta get a picture of the new school shoes...


Ready to go.


Walking to school.


Big sisters pose again with Sophie
before taking her to the kindergarten classroom.


Sophie gets to write her name on the white board.


Eliza is ready for 4th grade.


Hannah, a 6th grader, and smiling even though she claims to be the
ONLY girl without a cell phone.


Then mom and dad went home all alone...

7 comments:

Jenny said...

How exciting to have some time to yourself! Loved your "token sad face"!

Sarah said...

The girls look adorable! Yeah for Sophie and kindergarten and you by yourself:). I hope the year is great!!

Kasaundra said...

how exciting!!!!!

RCurtis said...

I know what you mean by that "token sad face". Although, I was actually sad for school to start, but now I'm starting to smile (except for after school when we have to do homework -- oh well). Love Sophie's haircut. All the girls look darling! Tell Hannah, she's not the ONLY girl without a cell phone. Aubrey doesn't have one either. :)

Emily said...

I wonder what that day will be like with no kids at home and in school. Exciting!!!

c said...

oh, so grown up!

Familia Bethers said...

How fun! Can you believe that Sophie, Mercedes, Whitney, and Kate are all in kindergarten this year??? It seems like just yesterday that they were born! Oh, wait, maybe that's just me feeling that way ... since I just had a baby! LOL!