Monday, August 23, 2010

1st, 5th and 7th graders


Today the girls went back to school. I thought summer was too short but they were super excited (and a little nervous) to get back into school. After having a nice quiet day with all my kids in school, I realize that summer was not too short! I sure got a lot done today - I even got to blog!

Hannah is now officially in Jr. High and wears mascara! No more sleeping in... here she is ready to go at 6:45 am. 7th grade is shaping up to be busy since she is on the Color Guard team, choir, plans to join drama club, student leadership and is even thinking about volleyball! Whew, I'm tired already.

No buses to the middle school which is quite a drive (a good 15 minutes, I need to clock the miles) so, luckily, we have a carpool set up. It so great to have wonderful neighbors with great kids to help share the load. Mom will only need to pick up these beautiful girls every other week.


In the car and ready to go! Dad is so embarrassing getting in the car to take a picture...

Sophie and Eliza, my 1st and 5th graders, are ready for school!

Sophie gets to have the same teacher she had in Kindergarten, Mrs. Flores. We love Mrs. Flores and so we have no doubt it's going to be a wonderful year for Sophie.


Here's a picture of Sophie with her friend Jackie. Those two are best friends because they "never run out of things to play." They never tire of playing princess and dress up. Sophie is so happy to have Jackie in her class this year.



This year Eliza did her back to school shopping at Forever 21. Actually, not just any Forever 21, the HUGE 3 story one. She's lookin' like a grown up 5th grader. My little fashionista!


Eliza has Mrs. Domensino and the best part is ALL of her friends are in her class! Look at all the cute girls...I hope Mrs. Domensino is ready!



note:

I'm so far behind in my blogging but figure that I need to start somewhere. So I will start at today and try to add a few updates on what we've been doing this year when I get a chance.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your girls are so cute!! Love your new family picture too! Welcome back to the blogging world. :)

Familia Bethers said...

It's so fun to see your post and see how beautiful the girls are and how they are growing! Miss you guys!

RCurtis said...

Wow! No girls at home during the day? Yay! Can't believe our Hannah and Aubrey are in 7th grade. Do you remember when they started kindergarten at Cooley Ranch? Where did the time go? We miss you guys! Love the family pictures!